Monday, December 29, 2008

How many Hansen's does it take to fix a TV?

The answer is 1.  And that Hansen is me!  Let me start from the beginning.  When I was up at my Dad's for Christmas he was telling me that Grandma got a new flat screen TV for Christmas and that my uncle's were having a tough time getting it to work.  All she has is a satellite receiver and a DVD player.  How hard can it be?  So, my Dad asks me if I would go look at it the next morning because he was sure I could fix it.  

About 10:00 the next morning, my Grandma calls and says that all my uncles are there trying to fix it again (Uncle Kay had a dream the night before of how to fix it) and she wanted to know when I could come over.  I told her I could be there within the hour and headed towards her house.  When I got there, all my Uncles were just sitting there waiting for me.  (I think they thought there was no way I could fix it).  They immediately turned me loose and off I went.  

After getting the DVD to work I finally got the satellite receiver information to come up on the screen.  Now, since I've worked for Dish Network for years I know all about the different parts etc.  We switched out all the parts I could think of and it still wouldn't work.  By now, my uncles are laughing because I was so sure I could fix it.  I finally told them that there must be a bad connection somewhere and I could test the one inside but that it probably was an outside problem and I didn't have the equipment to test those ones.  I switched out the cable going from the satellite receiver to the wall and TADA, it worked.  I HAD fixed it after all.  

Here are some pictures of my audience that I had for the 3 hours I worked on it.  I think they were surprised that I actually figured it out.  I'm not, I knew I could....and with that audience looking at me, I had to figure it out, because I wasn't leaving without it fixed.  

Uncle Boyce, Grandma, Uncle Clark, Uncle Kay


And on the other side of the room we had Aunt Claudette and Aunt Nancy

And you didn't think fixing a TV is a family affair...it sure was for the Hansen's!

1 comment:

Christensen family said...

That is HILAIOUS! I love it! You are quite the techy!!!