Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me...

Look what I got for my birthday this year!!


Back in September while playing softball, someone....I won't mention names....Jason....threw a ball and I just happened to catch it in my glove wrong and it made my thumb hurt.  I didn't think much of it, figured it was bruised and would get better.  Well, come November it wasn't any better so I went to see my nurse practitioner.  She did an xray and said that it looked like I had partially torn a tendon and she put me in a brace for 6 weeks and said it should heal.  Well, after 6 weeks, it was no better so I decided I better go see an Orthopedic surgeon.  I did that this morning and after a couple xrays even I could see where it was broken.  No wonder it wasn't getting better.  I do still have a partially torn tendon but the doc said the brace they put me in wasn't stable enough to fix it.  So now I have a hard cast and will for 4 weeks.  I'm hating it already!  Hopefully this will do the trick because spring softball starts soon and I can't miss that, and golf season will start again soon!  I have awesome priorities!  

4 comments:

agarrett said...

Happy Birthday to You!!
Happy Birthday to You!!
Happy Birthday Dear Kim!!
Happy Birthday to You!!


"What makes you shine so bright!!

Hope it's a good one!! See ya tomorrow!!

Kim said...

That stinks! At least it's a pretty color, though! I sprained my MCL over the holidays and am hoping to get it better before the snow melts and I can get back on my bike. It's nice to have priorities, huh? BTW-- Happy Birthday, Other Kim :-)

The Peay Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Peay Family said...

I can't spell...so we'll try this again.

Bummer! Welcome to the world of athletics. At least you'll have a memory of this Birthday.

Have a Wonderul Happy Birthday!
We love you...K,C,J,M,L,M