Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Favorite Things

Whiskers on kittens?  Nope, I hate cats....
Bright copper kettles?  Not high on my favorites list....
Cream colored ponies?  I'm not a huge pony fan....
Schnitzel with noodles?  I'm not sure what that is....

But I do have some favorite things: 
(in no particular order)

1.  Waking up to my own internal alarm clock.  No annoying beeping to wake me from my slumber.  Sometimes this is 10:00 am and I love that!

2.  The smell after a heavy rain.  This is the best when your camping and in the great outdoors.

3.  Falling asleep with Alton's hand in mine.  

4.  A blackberry shake from Taco Amigo.  Actually, anything from Taco Amigo.

5.  Driving by myself, with the radio blasting and singing at the top of my lungs.  I'm sure people at stoplights think I'm crazy, and I probably am!

6.  My niece London saying "I ub ew Kim".  Translation "I love you Kim"

7.  Flip flops.  Even in the winter!

8.  The perfect golf drive.  The one that hits the sweet spot on my driver and goes straight and long.  Actually, any hit, good or bad on the golf course is my favorite.  I just love being there. Especially with friends who help me see that is just for fun and I'm not out for blood.  

9.  A freshly bathed baby in clean pajamas, wrapped in a blanket and smelling like baby lotion.

10.  Diet Coke with Lime

11.  My Canon 50D camera.  I love taking pictures.

12.  My puppy (ok, so he's not really a puppy, my mom calls him a horse) when he lays his head on my lap.

13.  My jetted tub.  I love it.  I get made fun of because Alton says I take to many baths.  

14.  Video games.  I'm an addict.  I have an Xbox, Playstation, Wii and a PSP.  Guitar Hero is my favorite and I can easily waste hours of my life away in front of the TV.

15.  My Dyson.  There is nothing better then a good vacuum.

16.  A snickers shake from JCW's.  Even better that Alton can't eat ice cream and so it's all mine.

17.  Blankets.  I love blankets.  I have two special blankets that I sleep with, take with me when I travel.  They are my security, and yes I am 30 something years old. 

18.  Phone calls from my mom.

19.  My cell phone.  I can't survive without it.  Text messaging is how I communicate with a lot of people.

20.  Apple Jacks.  I could eat them every meal.

21.  Diet Coke with Lime.  Oh wait, I think I already said that!

22.  Sitting on my deck and reading a book.  It can't be too hot or too cold outside though.  Spring and fall are the best.

23.  The smell of freshly cut grass.  Even if it's my huge backyard and I just finished mowing it.  

24.  The movie "Rat Race".  No matter how many times I've seen it, it's still just as funny.

25.  Avojuice peach lotion.  I hate slimy feelings and this lotion is not greasy at all.

26.  A kiss from Alton before he leaves for work each morning and a kiss the minute he walks in the door after coming home.  

27.  Cafe Rio shredded chicken salad, black beans, no pico, no guac, creamy dressing.

28.  Every monday night when laundry is all done and I get to crawl into a bed with clean sheets.  

29.  My hoodie that I bought at Pine Needles golf course in NC.

30.  World Class Chocolate ice cream from Baskin Robbins

31.  My ipod and ipod speakers.  It lives in my office and keeps me company while I work.  

32.  Being the instigator of water fights at Girls Camp.  I fully believe that you should never be dry and if you are dry, watch out because you won't be for long.

33.  A clean car

34.  Peachy rings.  YUMMY!

35.  Lighthouses.  I fell in love with lighthouses while serving my mission in Connecticut.  They remind me of my mission and I love to collect them.  In fact, my Christmas tree is a lighthouse tree.

36.  DVR's.  I love being able to watch my shows whenever I want.  I could never live without it.  Ok, I could if I had to, but would rather not.

37.  Peanut M&M's

38.  Shopping online.  I'm so good at this.  Amazon.com and eddiebauer.com are my favorites.

39.  The King of Queens.  I've seen every episode at least 5 times.  Kevin James cracks me up.  

40.  Diet Coke with Lime! (I had to get that in there one more time!)

1 comment:

Shauna and Chris said...

Love your list! We need to have a diet coke taste test. With lime, lemon, cherry, chocolate and my fave VANILLA, YUMMIE!!!