Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Waffle Morning..

Today we had a waffle morning.  It went something like this:

Me:  Girls, do you want me to make you pancakes for breakfast?

Libby:  No, I want to go to McDonalds

London:  Go Donalds

Me:  There is too much snow on the road to go to McDonalds.  How about I make pancakes?

Libby:  Can we put on our boots and walk to McDonalds?

London: *runs to find her boots

Me:  No, McDonalds is too far to walk, How about I make pancakes?

Libby:  No, I'm not hungry (Which she is, because 10 minutes before she told me she was starving)

London:  *still trying to put her boots on to walk to McDonalds

Me:  How about I make waffles?

Libby:  You know how to make waffles?

London:  Yeah, waffles

Me:  I think I can figure it out.  

Libby:  Yes, I want waffles!

Me:  (thinking to self) I hope I have a waffle maker.....

The three of us begin to open every cupboard in the kitchen looking for the waffle maker!  We found it hiding under the bar in the back of one of the cupboard.  I think we got it for our wedding and I'm not sure even how many times it's been used.  We pulled it out and took it to the sink to be cleaned up a bit.  Then both girls climbed on the bar and we began our adventure. 

Next came making the batter.  We first measured out a cup of mix, Libby took it and dumped it into the mixing bowl.  We then measured another cup of mix, this time it was London's turn to dump it in the mixing bowl.  Because she is 2 going on 10 she thinks she can do whatever Libby does.  London did ok.  Half of the mix landed in the bowl, the other half on the counter, me, her and the floor.  At least it was dry mix and not oil right?  Once all the ingredients were in the bowl, it was time to mix.  London was the official mixer.  She stirred and stirred and stirred...



Finally it was time for one waffle to be done.  Libby was so excited....London just wanted to stir.  

I told Libby to take the first bite and I would take a picture of her eating the first waffle.  I think it must have been too hot.  




Then it was London's turn.  She finally quit stirring long enough to eat her waffle. 


And here is the final picture with two little belly's full of waffles!  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a great aunt! Lucky little girls!