Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 1

Day 1: Introduce Yourself

This makes me feel like I'm in some support group or AA. :)

Hi, my name Kim Garrett. Actually my given name is Kimberly Jane Hansen Garrett, but I can count on one hand the people that actually call me Kimberly. And there are a select few that I even allow to call me Kimberly Jane, but for the most part, just Kim.

I was born on January 6, 1975 and still am not sure if I like having my birthday right after the holidays. Everyone is worn out, everyone is poor, and everyone has started their New Year's Diets and so no one wants to celebrate with ice cream, cake, or cheesecake. As for me, I start my new years diet on January 7th because a girl's got to celebrate her birthday!

I grew up in Lindon and we were the family that moved 3 times yet still lived on the same block. We didn't go far. I have one younger brother and as much as he thinks I tried to run over him and kill him with the three wheeler, it truly was an accident and I got hurt more then he did.

I went to Aspen Elementary School, Pleasant Grove Jr High school, and Pleasant Grove High School. I'm a 4th generation viking. After the adventures of school, I decided to go to more school. Ricks college to be exact. Did I love it? Not so much. Did I survive it? For the most part, but hey, I came out of there with a degree in Accounting.

I was done with school after that so decided to do the next best thing for a single young women at the age of 21. I hopped a plane to Connecticut and served a mission. The mission brought lots of interesting and learning experiences and I'm sure in some ways I'm a better person because of it.

After returning home I quickly met my match on www.ldsfriends.com. After meeting my match, I quickly decided to marry my match. I didn't want him to get away! We took the plunge on May 7, 1998 and were sealed in the Mt. Timpanogas LDS Temple.

I decided to go back to school after we got married and I finished my accounting degree.

We live in Lehi with our awesome dog Gretzky. Alton works as a computer geek and I work as an accounting geek. Life has been full of challenges, but they have made us stronger. We just keep moving forward one day at a time.

Oh, and today's good news minute! After 2 surgeries, 16 months in a cast, boot or brace, I am finally fixed! I am now wearing two shoes and am 70% pain free. The doc said another 8 weeks and I should be 90% pain free.

1 comment:

Jenalee said...

Very nice! I knew all of that already, but that was a bang-up job none the less!

I stole your idea that you stole.