Thursday, November 6, 2008

Golf School In North Carolina

I just got back from North Carolina this morning.  Golf School was AWESOME, even though it rained off and on most of the time.  We just put more layers on and kept on going.  Actually I should rephrase that - my friend Lareen put more layers on, I just pulled up my hood.   Tonight my body is sore and tired.  My best guess is that I hit around 2500-3000 golf balls in 3 days.  The school consisted of mornings full of instruction and then in the afternoons, we got instruction on the course.  


Here I am with my hood up, ready to go.  At least it was still 65 degrees, so the rain wasn't too cold.



This is me, our instructor, Donna Andrews and my friend Lareen.  Donna was also our instructor last year.  It's so nice to have a ratio of 2 to 1.  We get so much attention and help that way.  Donna was on tour from 1990-2001.  In 1993 she won the LPGA Championship and in 1994 she won Dinah Shore.  

Pine Needles was founded and is owned by Peggy Kirk Bell.  Peggy is 87 years old now and still hits golf balls every day.  We had the privilege of having lunch with her yesterday and she is amazing.  She was one of the charter members of the LPGA.  She is known as the First Lady of Golf.  


Here is my visor that I had signed by Donna Andrews and Peggy Kirk Bell



The 1996, 2001 and 2007 US Women's Open's were held at Pine Needles.  These are the three plaques that all the golfers that were in each of the tournaments signed.  Anika Sorenstam was the winner in 1999, Karrie Webb won in 2001, and Cristie Kerr won in 2007.



Here are some pictures I took of the course.




All in all, we had a great time!  There is nothing better then eat, sleep and golf!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say...I would never have predicted this back in High School. :)

Glad you had a great time!