Thursday, March 5, 2009

Carlos Boozer


On Tuesday I was invited by my niece Ruth to come to her school assembly.  Her school (Ridgeline Elementary) had won a reading competition and they were having a Jazz player come and read to them.  Knowing that I am a huge Jazz fan, she invited me to come and take pictures for her.  I grabbed my other niece Libby and we were off to the school.   I was assuming it would be somewhat of a no name Jazz player but as I was walking through the parking lot, there in front of me was Carlos Boozer.  I got really excited and grabbed for my camera.  He walked up to us and said hi and asked us how we were doing.  He said hi and waved to Libby. She was quite frightened of him.  I don't blame her.  To me he was HUGE, I can only imagine what he looks like to a 4 year old.  I got some great pictures and he did an awesome job reading to the kids.  He got a rock star welcome.  I had a lot of fun!  Thanks Ruth for inviting me!!  After it was over, I was having Libby call everyone and tell them who she met.  After once phone conversation she looked at me and said "Why is everyone so excited I met that Booze guy?" She just doesn't get it.  Guess I need to make her more of a Jazz fan, although, I did teach her that he was number 5 and she remembers that.  One small step in the right direction!





No comments: