Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hockey anyone?

I married a Hockey fan.  It stems from Alton serving his mission in Canada.  He got hooked.  He even went to a game with the mission president.  

One of our first dates was to a Utah Grizzlies hockey game and ever since then we try to go back and see a couple of games a year.  Alton would like to go more, but I can only handle a few games a year.  I just don't get hockey.  He makes fun of me because I'm watching people or the mascot more then I'm watching the game.  Most people get snacks and a bathroom break during intermission, not me, I get snacks and my bathroom break during the game so I don't miss the entertainment during the intermission.  It's my favorite part.  

Last night was opening night at the E Center.  We went for our Friday night date.  He said the game was good, the Grizzlies won 7-3, and I thought the intermissions were great.  They even brought out two pianos onto the ice and had dueling pianos.  Now that's more my style.  I am glad the Grizzlies won.  It makes for a happy husband.  

I took this picture of us myself.  Can you tell?  It didn't turn out very well, but it was the best of the 12 that I took.  

There was lots of fighting.  Alton says fighting is the best part of the game.  



I got Grizzbee to strike a pose for me.  Isn't he handsome in his tuxedo?


I had to take a picture of this grandma and grandpa because they make me laugh.  They are season ticket holders and are in the same seats year after year.  Every time I look over, one if not both of them are asleep.  They must really love hockey! 

This is what they do during intermission.  They pull out their books and magazines.  It cracks me up!


No comments: