Thursday, September 13, 2012

Big Bessie is gone....

I had my two week post surgery follow up today.  The doctor was pleased and said everything looked great!  I didn't think it looked so "great", but I guess my version of "great" and his are different.  


Big Bessie was cut off.  I couldn't believe how much padding was in this cast.  No wonder it was so HUGE and heavy.  



The first view I got after Bessie came off.  There is quite a bit of bruising but not nearly as much as I thought there would be considering they fished up the whole side of my foot to get the tendon from my big toe.  Notice the lovely incision on my calf.  That's gonna be a nice little scar.. 



After airing it out a bit, they took the stitches out.  Notice my nice hairy legs....


Another beauty...


Still so pretty....


On goes cast #2


Purple this time....


The final product.  MUCH lighter and smaller then Big Bessie. This cast will need a new name.  I will be taking suggestions.   
They have moved my foot to a "neutral" position, which means they have pushed my foot up to stretch out my achilles tendon.  The doctor said I would be cursing him later today because it will hurt like the dickens.  So far it's ok...thanks to Lortab I'm sure. 









3 comments:

Teddi said...

I vote for Penelope...Bessie's younger, thinner and more beautiful sister!

Jenalee said...

It's looking really good! You know you always get me with "graphic photos." Are you sure you and GREG are the cousins?

Jenalee said...

aren't....you know what I mean. ;)