Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Here we go again....


For the third time....next Wednesday the 29th I go under the knife again.  I get another cast (maybe pink) :) and back on crutches.  Dr Faux, pretty please...fix me for good!  

He is going to detach my achilles, clean up some diseased tendon, grab tendons from my big toe, rebuild the achilles, reanchor with new anchors, and then go in and do some muscle repair on my calf muscle.  Apparently I have "powerful" calf muscles and unless he loosens it some, my Achilles will never heal.  Sound like a party?  

I will be taking donations of Diet Coke and chocolate beginning on Thursday the 30th.  :)

These pictures tell you how excited I am :)

Surgery #1







Surgery #2






And a picture to remind Teddi to not follow in my footsteps again!  :)
But we sure had  fun with all the looks we got and the many stories we made up of what happened to us.  The three legged race was my favorite!  



Just start calling me "Gimpy" again.  

1 comment:

The Peay Family said...

Are you kidding? I guess you're not! Deep breath and enjoy the "3rd Adventure in the Life of Kim"!