Monday, October 19, 2009

My foot is ready for Halloween!

It's been two weeks since the surgery. I went back to the doctor for a re-cast today because all the swelling had gone down and my foot was sliding all over the place and my heel kept hitting the back of the cast. OWWWWWEEEEEEEE! The nurse cut my old cast off, and I took one look at it and got slightly light headed. I don't know what I expected, but it really wasn't this. The back of my leg looks like Frankenstein! No wonder it hurts so bad still.


No more red cast. I am now officially purple. I decided it was time for a color change and purple is Halloweenish, right? Too bad the color doesn't transition to Thanksgiving very well. The count down is on! 2 weeks down, 6 more to go. I can't wait for November 30th to come....and then comes the next phase....the boot!

Stay tuned. I have some awesome stories about life on crutches to be posted soon!

No comments: